The effort you invest each day into working on your strengths is well worth it. You get a great return on strengths.
Life in 2017-2018 is full of demands and deadlines but, at the end of the day, YOU are your own greatest investment.
So, as long as you don’t feel like you’re drowning in narcissism, let’s build on another strength today by asking, by searching and by googling.
Choosing a different strength from the one you chose in the last lesson, how can you explore ways to build on that strength today?
Specifically, what can you ask for? What can you search for? What can you google?
Think of three things you can do today to build your strengths. Choose a strength and then complete these sentences and post your completed sentences below:
1. Today I can try building on my (name strength) by asking …
2. Today I can try building on my (name strength) by searching …
3. Today I can try building on my (name strength) by googling …
322 thoughts on “ATLC #10 – Build on another strength”
Today I can build on my hope by speaking with my children about what they see as important issues facing the world they will be living in
Today I can build on my hope by searching for relevant questions for the kids to research
Today I can build on my hope by Googling The Ocean Cleanup
1. Today I can build on my leadership skills by asking a few of my old bosses what they think my strengths are.
2. Today I can build on my self-regulation by searching and finding the best todo list system for me.
3. Today I can build on my creativity by googling new areas to build my business to 10x
Today I can build on my strength of Ideation by spending some time no talking to anyone but thinking
Today I can build on my strength of Ideation by being silent and listen/observe with an analytical mind to conversations regarding the financial planning
Today I want to be present …and therefore be a keen observer for my ideation ability to absorb ideas, nuances.
? = Summation symbol (segma)
Today I can try building on my strength of lateral thinking by asking:
1- How can I deal with a situation in which I am given a little information and I have to give explanation?
2- How could original ideas be obtainable? and by using what?
3- How can I extract positive things from negative things?
4- I am wondering if this formula could work , I put it this form:
1O X ? CVSi = BVS
i=o , to infinity
Today I can try building on my strength of lateral thinking by searching for:
IF there is a question which could be considered to be a complete question and IF there is an answer which could be considered to be an obvious answer .
Today I can try building on my strength of lateral thinking by googling for ‘’ How to find the most interesting keywords describing the content of the lateral thinking?’’
1. Today I can try building on my PLAYFULNESS/HUMOR by asking other people how this strength impacts them and how I can improve on it. I can also ask my wife about what she thinks Is this a strength?
2. Today I can try building on my PLAYFULNESS/HUMOR by searching for books and other researches on humor as a social tool to increase cohesion.
3. Today I can try building on my PLAYFULNESS/HUMOR by googling “humor”, “creativity”, “laughter”, and “play”.
Number 3 is a nice, quick little reinforcement googling excercise. 🙂
1. Today I can try building on my persistence by asking about ten ways to increase my persistence.
No great achievement is possible without persistent work. – Bertrand Russell
1. I am writing down the list of all my wants and desires that I want to achieve
2. I am determining why I want to achieve these things
3. I am making a plan of achieving my wants and desires
4. I am Taking immediate, specific and massive steps achieving my wants and desire
5. I will always maintain a positive mental attitude, focus on taking actions toward my wants and desires
6. I am associating with successful people that are also interested in achieving the same wants and desires
7. I am Building small habits or daily routine into my life that will help me reach my wants and desires
8. Every set back is a learning opportunity to see where I went wrong and where I can improve my process
9. I am celebrating victories when I achieve my wants and desires
10. I Keep making new wants and desires once I have achieved my current ones.
11. Bonus: I am Learning from successful people with the same wants and desires and copy their process
2. Today I can try building on my prudence by searching how to act more prudently.
1. I will practice counseling, judging, and decisiveness during my interactions with family members at home to increase my prudence.
2. I am prudent with my finances by creating a budget
3. I am reducing waste and unnecessary spending at home and work
4. I am practicing active listing to understand and reaching a compromise to avoid conflict at home and office
5. I will create a daily to do list to prioritize my actions and focusing on the aspects of my work that will bring me the biggest results
6. I will try to use prudence to settle arguments at home and at work
7. I will learn to calm my emotions, calculating the risks, and benefits when I am making a decision
8. I will practice taking deep breathing techniques to calm myself down in a stressful situations
9. When I am faced with a difficult situation I ask myself what is the right thing to do here? What is the problem? How else can this problem be resolved successfully?
10. I gather all the facts possible about a problems before making a decision
11. Bonus: I only take decisions that are consistent with my values
3. Today I can try building on my love by googling how to increase my vitality.
1. I got out into the nature when I need to renew and increase my vitality
2. I cultivate close friendships and mutually satisfying relationship with friends to increase my vitality
3. I focus on learning something new everyday that will help me become mentally sharper and more focused
4. I lean to find ways to relax and to reduce stress in my life
5. I create win win situations by honoring my promises
6. I avoid interacting with energy vampires and negative people as much as possible
7. I make sure that I get 6 to 8 hours of uninterrupted good quality sleep
8. I make sure that I am well hydrated
9. I exercise regularly to increase my energy
10. I take vitamins and supplements that increase my vitality
11. Bonus: I practice daily meditation to increase my mental focus and clarity
Lots of good thinking and practising of the x10 algorithm, Kamyar.
Today I can try building on my curiosity by asking people about their interests
Today I can try building on my curiosity by searching a library for books that might interest me
Today I can try building on my curiosity by googling alternative news sites
Today I can try building on my strength teamwork by asking how to decrease the time it takes to galvanize a team
Today I can try building on my strength teamwork searching for teams that perform exceptionally over a long period of time
Today I can try building on my strength teamwork by googling for books related to teamwork
Today I can try building on my honesty by asking co workers how they feel about me.
Today I can try building on my honesty by searching for other no verbal ways of feedback
Today I can try building on my honesty by googling for other examples in the market.