If it is a business, then the two most important leaders are:
1. the leader in charge of revenue generation, and
2. the leader in charge of shareholder returns.
The former is the Chief Sales Officer (CSO) and the latter is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Excellence in their skills at leading these two metrics is the quintessence of business survival and growth.
• Revenue Generation (x10 Selling)
At any given time a salesperson is either in contact with a customer (check) or not in contact with a customer (uncheck). At its basics, sales revenue comes directly from customer contacts. The leadership job of the CSO is to multiply the number of customer contacts by ten.
• Shareholder Return (x10 Thinking)
On any given day in any given business there are value fountains and value drains. That day the value fountains created value for the shareholders. The value drains depleted shareholder value on that day. The job of the CEO is to multiply the number of value fountains by ten.
• For more information about how your business can use
the (x10 Thinking + x10 Selling) Toolkit