VELS Thinking is part of the Victorian Educational Learning Standards (VELS) in the State of Victoria, Australia.
SOT supports the VELS Thinking approach to teaching thinking in Victorian schools which focuses on building skills in seven cognitive capacities: Reasoning, Processing, Inquiry, Creativity, Reflection, Evaluation, Metacognition.
Here are the VELS Thinking 7 links to wikipedia:
• Reasoning – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasoning
• Processing – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processing
• Inquiry – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquiry
• Creativity – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creativity
• Reflection – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflection
• Evaluation – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaluation
• Metacognition – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metacognition.
Check out Metacognition first!