SOT is seeking to appoint a Director of VELS Thinking.
This unique appointment requires an outstanding leader who will be trained and then responsible for setting learning standards and achieving learning results in:
You will direct the delivery of VELS Thinking domain services that include:
• articulating the learning that students need to focus on for VELS Thinking
• monitoring their progress in the domain
• achieving the standards at the 6 different VELS Thinking levels
• coaching and providing other teachers with relevant teaching tools, learning activities and materials.
The Director of VELS Thinking will be an on-campus member of the faculty of a pre-eminent Melbourne learning centre. Your performance will be measured against SOT and VELS standards:
• defining what students need know and can do at different levels
• measuring their progress and growth
• assessing the needs of the program
• reporting on student achievement.
Remuneration Package: $90 to 100k range negotiable plus professional development training. Twelve month renewable contract.
NOTE: Successful applicant will be trained to meet SOT & VELS Standards.
To apply in writing, email your application and include two references to:
The Principal, School of Thinking