Many sales organisations use American sales training to teach their salespeople to “close the sale”. Customers don’t like oldsell and so the method has become very unprofitable for shareholders.
As an alternative to oldsell, newsell was researched and developed by Dr Michael Hewitt-Gleeson as part of his PhD, the first in the world on lateral thinking.
In newsell, it’s the customer who closes the sale. Customers prefer newsell and reflect their preference through word-of-mouth bringing extra profits to newsell practitioners.
Newsell is written up in his three best-selling books on the theory and practice of selling. They are:
– NewSell (1984, out of print)
– The x10 Memeplex: Multiply Your Busines By Ten! (2000)
– WOMBAT Selling: How to sell by Word of Mouth. (2006)
Nothing has changed the business environment more than the WWW, in the last 20 years. Now, with the Apple platform and its glittering array of devices supporting Facebook, Twitter and Google the customer is not only right … the customer rules!
To help salespeople and businesspeople solve this problem I’ve written WOMBAT Selling: How to sell by Word of Mouth.
– A WOMBAT is a satisfied customer who replicates another satisfied customer.
– W.O.M.B.A.T. = Word Of Mouth Buy And Tell.
– A WOMBAT is a customer who is so satisfied about your offer or your business communication that she/he passes it on to those in his/her business or social network. Pass it on. Pass it on. Pass it on.