SOT is the biggest program in the world for teaching lateral thinking and metacognition with over a half a billion lessons since 1979.
Without exception, since 1979, SOT always receives positive media nationally and internationally for teaching the world to think.
Here are a few comments …
- ALAN KOHLER, QANTAS RADIO, Melbourne (2015)
Better 'return on payroll' to corporations through the online SOT lessons.
*** Click to hear MICHAEL HEWITT GLEESON interview by Alan Kohler
- RALPH FLETCHER, USAIR Magazine
Michael Hewitt-Gleeson and the School of Thinking are aggressively marketing their ideas. Some people have dubbed them the "McDonald's of Thinking".
- PATRICK COX, Reason Magazine, California (1983)
Michael Hewitt-Gleeson, the world's first PhD in lateral thinking, believes that as communication's technology improves and people are taught to think for themselves, systems such as democracy, socialism and communism - where a few do the thinking for the many, who are, if anything, asked simply to vote on other people's ideas - will be replaced by 'cognocracies', societies of individuals who think for themselves.
- MORTON HUNT, Readers Digest, Cover Story, New York
His system has been adopted by corporate executives, taught in schools and studied by government officials.
- GQ, Cover Story, Global Style, New York
(Hewitt-Gleeson), scientist and lecturer, is an international mover and shaker.
- PETER FITZSIMONS, Sydney Morning Herald, Sydney
If Dr. Hewitt-Gleeson has his way, Australian schoolchildren will have the study of 'thinking' as much a part of their curriculum as the traditional subjects of maths and english are now.
- RAY MARTIN, Ray Martin Show, Melbourne
I want this for my kid.
- THE TODAY SHOW, Channel 10 TV, Sydney
Australian kids will soon be taught to think for themselves.
- THE WEST AUSTRALIAN, Perth
Dr. Hewitt-Gleeson's mission is to teach Australians to use their whole brains for thinking, not just the left hand side.
- DAVID SMITH, The Sun, Brisbane
If Michael Hewitt-Gleeson has his way, Australia will become the clever country.
- CATHY SAWYER, Daily News, Perth
He claims schools teach children what to think not how to think.
- TOM SKOTNICKI, The Herald, Melbourne
De Bono and his other mentor Gallup have obviously been influential in the development of Hewitt-Gleeson's theories.
- HANNAH RYAN, The Moorabbin Standard, Melbourne
Now after having appeared in newspapers all over the world, having co-written a book with Dr Edward de Bono, having appeared on many television shows such as "Ray Martin" and his own show in America, this character has shown nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it.
- DAVID-JOHN DOOSE, The News World, New York
Michael Hewitt-Gleeson is the leading authority on lateral thinking in the United States and is a member of Britain's most prestigious think tank, the Centre for the Study of Thinking.
- STEVE HELLER, The Steve Heller Show, KREX Colorado
It's so simple yet it really works!
- MARK PENTRAK, Mark Pentrak Show, Pittsburgh
This has been one of the best interviews I have ever done
- JOSEPH SELDNER, Rocky Mountain News, Denver
Gleeson is adamant about America catching up with other nations in the thinking area. Venezuela, for example, regards thinking as a legitimate skill to be taught to children.