This is a basic question I keep asking my CEO clients and I have done so for several decades. What keeps you awake at night?
It’s interesting to note that CEOs of medium to large companies (1000+ employees) are usually pre-occupied with finding solutions for the same 4 or 5 problems.
In 2015 the top five CEO problems were:
1. innovation and creating new customers
2. getting and keeping people engaged in their work
3. global uncertainty and the unexpected
4. shareholder returns and capital issues
5. global expansion and growth.