The Year of the Idea aims to shine the spotlight on ‘ideas’ as the first step towards innovation.
A range of initiatives are planned throughout the year with the support of individuals and organisations such as former Australian of the Year Professor Ian Frazer who want to:
- create a national push to change our ideas culture, to take ideas seriously
- recognise Australian innovations that have changed our lives, and their origins as an idea
- motivate Australians to appreciate the value of ideas and their effect on their everyday lives
- encourage individuals, industry, research institutions and governments to turn their ideas into action
- inspire collaboration towards the development of solutions to local, national and global challenges.